BNP Paribas supports women entrepreneurship
According to the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM), 224 million women are now running or starting a busines and that sample only includes 67 of the 188 countries recognized by the World Bank. In fact, many studies have shown that women entrepreneurs consistently outperform their male counterparts.
And yet, women still only start 20-30% of new businesses throughout industrialized and developed countries. That’s why BNP Paribas is standing with women entrepreneurs to help them shatter the glass ceiling, making it easier to start a business and unleash their enormous potential.
The part of BNP Paribas mission: encourage the success of women entrepreneurs.
Over the years, BNP Paribas has played an active role in setting up a favorable environment for female entrepreneurship by:
- Supporting women entrepreneurs.
- Developing support content dedicated to women entrepreneurs.
- Connecting women entrepreneurs with the bank’s network of national or international partners.
- Forming strong partnerships.
- Offering high-level support services.
- Supporting strong initiatives: BNP Paribas notably sponsors the Women Initiative Foundation. Created in early 2016, the Endowment Fund aims to boost the role of women in the economy, both in France and worldwide.
- Raising awareness among younger generations.
“BNP Paribas Group is convinced that women entrepreneurship constitutes one of the 21st century’s main engines of economic growth, especially in France“ — said Marie-Claire Capobianco, Head of BNP Paribas French Retail Banking.